Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Personal questions

 

  1. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Yes , I have a younger brother who is 20 years old
  2. Where do you come from? I come** from Heraklion which is the capital and the largest city of Crete (Or to put it simply: This is my hometown. I've lived here all my life.)
  3. Do you like your country? Definitely. Greece is a perfect country to live in.
  4. What do you like about your country? Well Greece is a typical mediterranean country with perfect climate conditions but what I really like most about my country is that it combines fantastic beaches and mountainous villages.
  5. What street do you live in? The street I live in is situated in a quiet seaside suburb of Heraklion, just 15 minutes from the city centre.
  6. What is the street called? It's Ariadnis street, and just for the record Ariadni was a princess during the ancient Minoan civilisation.
  7. Do you like your street? Until last year I really liked it but the last couple of months a main road has been constructed beside my home and Ariadnis street is not so peaceful anymore.
  8. What do you like in your street? Definitely the people. The neighbours who live in Ariadnis street are very polite and hospitable.
  9. Are you a city dweller? Why? No I am not since I live outside of the city.
  10. Do you have a favourite hobby? I am a really active person so I prefer some sort of outdoors activity like going for a jog or going for a swim. But my favourite hobby is playing water polo.
  11. What do you like doing with your friends? When I have time to spare with my friends I prefer to go for a coffee and have a nice chat.
  12. What is your favourite meal? That's a tricky question since I have many favourite meals; however, if I had to choose just one I would say pasta. (You can add a few extra details about the dish, e.g. pasta with tomato sauce and tuna fish)
  13. Who cooks in your family? Most of the times my mother is our chef, although my father rarely cooks since it is not healthy to eat only pasta.
  14. What is the best meal prepared by a person of your family? I think that a couple of days ago my grandmother made the most delicious moussaka I have ever tasted.
  15. Are you working or studying? Actually I graduated from the university last summer and at the moment I am fulfilling my military obligations.
  16. How often do you use your computer? At the moment I can't use it that much since I am a soldier but before entering the army I used it almost everyday.
  17. Do you like using the Internet? Of course, I would say that it is one of my favourite hobbies, mainly because I keep in touch with friends around the world through social media and Skype.
  18. How did you learn to use your computer? I learned by myself when I was really young ,since our first computer seemed bizarre to my family.
  19. Do you think it's important to know how to use a computer? I am inclined to believe that it is more than necessary mostly because if a person is computer illiterate*** it will be difficult to get a job.
  20. What do you usually shop for? What Kind of food do you usually buy? I go to the supermarket early but if (no capital letter needed) I go I mainly buy pasta and fruits.
  21. What type of house do you live in? Since I am in the army, the* most of the times a live in camp with other soldiers.
  22. Do you have a garden? Well my parental house is surrounded from a big garden, and in the future I would be grateful to live in a house with a nice garden.

*'The' is needed in superlatives (e.g. the most beautiful), but is not needed when the phrase refers to the majority of times/ people/etc. e.g. The Most of the people, the most of the times

** Descend means come from, but it is not combined with a town. See examples here: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/descend+from

***http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Computer+illiterate

1 comment:

  1. Super effort Manolis once again! I am sure you'll be more than fine tomorrow! Break a leg!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete